Friday, July 6, 2012

Pressing on

Today I will drink more pure clean water.
Today I will stretch my muscles.
Today I will again give my best effort at all I do.


And so now I deal with some injuries.
First the shoulder, not certain how but its hurty, and the loss of strength is disheartening.
My strength training does more to keep my mind upbeat and suppose we will find a way to work around this till I'm 100% again.
Now the leg cramp !
I felt so great after the warm up lap of light jog on the straight section of the track, and high knees at the first corner, then butt kicks at the other corner. 
Then a full lap, 4 bleacher runs ( tough at the top of the fourth) , but do love those !
Now water break, catch my breath a bit as I pace around, and off for the next lap. 
Feeling great !
Nice easy jog and bang ! My left calf cramps up and I'm hobbled.
walking became heel only and stretching painful.
I continued to stretch it and the cramp released some, but still painful to touch and no walking on the front part of the foot or the cramp resumes.

Home I go, banana , water, and stretch...
Milk, warm compress, and still very tender and walking a challenge.

Now it's morning, and walking is better, but still a challenge.

Remedy ?
Lots of water today , with a splash of apple cider vinegar.
Stretch when I can through out the day.
Try again with the run.

I am so close to being able to run a mile, I just can not let this grow in the mind as a negative.
I want that mile ! 

1 comment:

Grace said...

You have got this. :) Don't let a cramp get you down. Let your body heel, hydrate.. and get back out there. :)