Wednesday, August 8, 2012

another small victory

Ahhhhh

Sipping  my frozen recovery shake of organic cherries/ wild blueberries, spring water, ice and protein powder is sweet reward !

For what ? Hummm first I started by talking myself into a solo attempt to complete my running trainer's list for me. Altho this should have been timed and complete in 45 min or less , I focused on " just complete it lady"! Hahaha
I did make a few modifications along the way , when your as old as I am its allowed. ^_^

The new track in Plainfield is the place.
I began with 1 warm up lap- brisk walk

1 lap easy pace jog
1/2 lap of high knees at corner, ten steps, 10 high knees on the straight away
1/2 lap of butt kicks at corner, ten steps 10 butt kicks on the straight away
1 lap backward walk at corners, backwards easy pace jog on straight away
1 lap steady pace jog
1 lap walk
water break, pace around a bit ......if I kept moving I figured I'd be ok vs sprawling flat on the most welcoming grass in the center of the track to rest and someone calling 911 Ha!

next the FUN part !
10 bleacher runs ~ a favorite
1 lap easy jog
1/2 lap sprint on straight away, jog corner
1/2 lap grape vines on straight away and back
1 lap easy jog.

water break
dry the sweat dripping into my eyes
then this song came on called Intro by  The xx and I managed to feel like some air squats
did 5 sets of 10.

My best guess is 45 min total unofficial time
round trip 90 min and its just 10-12 min ride to get there

Feeling proud of me-myself and I !
Yes I can be my own motivator---- Music helps also !
Truth be told I prefer small groups. ^_^



1 comment:

Grace said...

Wow.. not only did you modify this routine quiet a bit.. you challenged yourself MORE.. WAY TO GO LAURIE!!! I am so proud of you!!