Sunday, June 2, 2013

Basics and foundation work

I can hardly believe its been 10 months since I last posted something here.

Yes I am making a new start after getting stuck for several months with not making any gains with strength training or weight loss.

I have begun the 9 day isagenix clense. Today is day 3. So far so good

I have been back to basics with my training program.
Foam rolling.
calves, hamstrings,glutes,quads,and back
Next up, crawling 10 lengths forward on my knees and ten back
Crawling ten lengths forward on toes knees up and ten back.
Goblet squats with focus on depth, slow deliberate squats for ten reps
10 shoulder shrugs
10 knights table
10 kneeling halo each side
10 kneeling presses each side
5 half turkish getups focus on hold for count of 5
for 5 rounds
stretching

I have been able to get in 3X per week for three weeks.
Most prominent thing I have noticed is mood.
I am sad most of the time. Family has noticed so most likely others have also.
I am near to the place I was two years ago before starting any strength training at all.and its not a place I want to return too.
So there is no doubt that strength training has been my medicine for good mental health !

This week we get to add in some kettle bell swings at the end of the previous list.
Hopefully this helps with the mood to keep me encouraged to trust my trainer and get to the days when some strength and conditioning gets added in .

best hopes my mind holds out.
I count it a victory every time I get some training in.
Certainly has become a mountain of a struggle these days.


No comments: